10 Questions Top Advisors Ask Every Business Owner They Meet
- How do you see your involvement in your business changing or evolving in the future?
- What’s your next great adventure after you leave your business?
- What obstacles are you seeing that could derail your business or personal goals in the coming years?
- What role does your business need to play in helping you achieve financial freedom?
- What is your plan for your ownership interest in your business: do you plan to pass ownership along, or arrange for a sale someday?
- What method or methods have you used to assess the value of your business, and how confident are you in that process?
- Given your (buyer or successor) plans, have you thought about who the best leader for your business might be?
- Tell me about what will happen with your customers, your vendors, your employees, and your competitors if something happens to you.
- What planning suggestions have other business advisors given you to prepare for the future ownership of your business?
- What do you see as your greatest challenge when you think about planning for the future?
- What other questions should I be asking?
- How can I help you and your business be more successful?